The Big Release Tomorrow! (Some Notes)

Craig Huffstetler craig.huffstetler at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 23:15:41 BST 2009

Greetings all, the big release day (Jaunty Jackalope) is upon us. I will
be following up to this e-mail with one more about what I plan to do for
the team in the upcoming week. Please read below as I think it is
important for us all.

I hope everyone is well. Please feel free to stop by #ubuntu-us-sc on
FreeNode IRC (chat.freenode.org) or use the chat applet on our website
(http://www.ubuntusc.com/).

Thanks,

Craig
xq on freenode

--- Notes to Read ---

"Many of you are looking forward to the big release tomorrow of Ubuntu
9.04, codenamed 'Jaunty Jackalope.' The servers are going to be slammed,
including many of the popular mirrors. So, if you want good reliable
data speeds, I'd recommend hitting up bittorrent. The seeds will be
populated, and the transfers will likely fill up your connection."

<snip>

"[1] Use these instructions when upgrading from an existing installation
of Ubuntu 8.10, and be sure to read the published release notes [2] for
any known-issues. Using the upgrade manager can prevent a lot of problems!

[1] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/JauntyUpgrades
[2] The release notes aren't out yet. :-(  I'm sure that the release
team will provide a link to the notes when they make the release
announcement tomorrow, though."