Fwd: Maverick Meerkat Release Parties

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 09:35:21 BST 2010

Hi all, see below:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Laura Czajkowski <laura at lczajkowski.com>
Date: Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 8:25 AM
Subject: Maverick Meerkat Release Parties
To: "Ubuntu local community team (LoCo) contacts"
<loco-contacts at lists.ubuntu.com>

Aloha!

Not long left till Maverick Meerkat aka 10.10 is released with that in
mind it's time for loco teams to start to plan for their release party.
I've added the global event to the LoCo Directory Maverick Meerkat is
scheduled for release on the 10th of the 10th 2010. To celebrate 10.10
LoCo teams have  organised parties to celebrate these events.

Release parties are a great way to celebrate, meet new friends and often
introduce new people to Ubuntu and to our local communities. Release
parties are not only great way to meet people but also they are a lot of
fun.  Please add your event to the LoCo Directory
http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/global/326/detail/

If you want to organise a release party:

   * Learn more. Read this guide
-https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BuildingCommunity/RunningReleaseParty   to how
to run a party.
     Many of the release parties are organised by Ubuntu LoCo Teams.
Check with your local team to see if
     you can work together on a party.

   * Get advice. Ask other loco teams what they have done in the past
and what to do, ask on the loco contacts list, or in #ubuntu-locoteams

   * Let everyone know. Announce your party on the loco-contacts
mailing list htps://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/loco-contacts to
spread the word!

If you have a release party scheduled, be sure to:

   * Add your party to the LoCo directory -
http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/add

   * Spread the word. Blog about it, advertise it, tell your friends,
tell local media, tell podcasts and otherwise promote it, tag it with
#locoteams

   * Stay in touch. Join the IRC channel #ubuntu-release-party on
irc.freenode.net

   * Add picture tags. If you post photos to Flickr, please tag them
with *ubuntu*, *release*, *party*, *2010*, *10.10* and *Maverick*.
     Jono Bacon the Ubuntu Community Manager is wanting to put together
a collage of release party group photos, so take a group photo of your
party people and email
     jono AT ubuntu DOT com with a link to the photo online and the
subject *"Maverick Release Party Photo"* -- ensure that you specify
which LoCo Team party it is at.

Laura
--
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/czajkowski
http://www.lczajkowski.com

Global Jam in a few hours, Software Freedom Day in a couple of weeks,
and now a party in a month and a half! I propose we find a better
venue (more room, brighter, not quite so noisy) for our next party,
and really rock 10.10 on 10.10!

GraySim, can you generate us a new map for this event?

I propose that we have an IRC meeting within the next 10 days or so,
and talk about this and the road ahead. The Ubuntu Women have this
cool Roadmap/blueprint:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu-women.org/+spec/community-m-ubuntu-women-project-m-goals
. I don't think we need anything so official, grand, or detailed, but
if we map out 1. what we want, 2. when we want it, then 3. how we get
there, will fall into place. I want us to be approved, and get the
cool loot. :-)

So let's plan!

Hoping to see some of you in a few hours,

Valorie
--
New! http://genealogy-uki.linkpendium.com/
Facebook, Twitter, Identi.ca, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez .