Question

NaNO2x nano2x at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 18:26:32 GMT 2008

Hello Astrid,

First off have you tried running "dpkg -configure -a"?  It is possible
your issue will be fixed with that.  The issue could also be with your
drive being too full to unpack the updates.  If you could send the
full error log that would be helpful.

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 3:48 PM, Astrid Brown
<astrid-brown at hawaii.rr.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a Ubuntu user in Hawaii, and am really not smart at all, but I like
> it as a user.  A friend who is a  IT professional  has installed this
> for us, but he is now serving in the middle east and I can not contact
> him.
>
> I have this problem when I want to install updates, and the computer
> will not let me update without fixing it, but I really don't understand
> this.
>
> can you help me, or what/where should I go?
>

> This is the text that comes up:
>
> An error has occured !
>
> E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run "dpkg - configure - a" to
> correct the problem.
>
> E: _ cache->open () failed, please report.

-William

Utinam me logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant.