Access to Ubuntu media

Steve Bourg steve.ubuntu at integrity.bourg.net
Fri Jul 21 05:21:55 BST 2006

I'd like to keep a stock of Ubuntu installation media to ensure that
physical distribution points don't dry up.  Current access to free media
seems uncontrolled (quantity of media provided for request) and
inconsistent (ship
times).  Is there any way that I can pay (my way of contributing) in-part
or in-whole for Ubuntu
installation media and have it shipped ~immediately upon request?  I
noticed that the media is being resold on Amazon, but for $10 per CD!!
I'm hoping that I could buy the media in quantity at ~cost and maintain
consistent
access to the media.

This may be premature - aside from waiting for my very first batch of 50
CDs (I requested 70), I don't have background to say that distribution
will be hard to maintain w/ the current option.  I do see signs though.  I
suspect that retailers won't keep an emtpy CD holder on the counter for
too long..

Steve Bourg