Logo Pixelation

Dan Shufelt dshufelt at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 05:14:15 BST 2006


Everyone,

I think that the pixelation of our logo on the business cards is 100% my
goof...  I changed took a copy of the original logo (see the attached
image) and resized it to from 1501x571 to 264x100 pixels.  Placing the
two images side by side tells the whole story.

I think I fixed the issue (at least it looks better on my monitor).
Please see if http://pnw.ubuntu-us.org/doc/business_card.odt looks
better now.  The original version can still be found
(http://pnw.ubuntu-us.org/doc/old_business_card.odt) for side by side
comparison.

Please let me know what you think.

On Thu, 2006-08-17 at 12:00 +0100,
ubuntu-us-pnw-request at lists.ubuntu.com wrote:
> Send Ubuntu-us-pnw mailing list submissions to
> 	ubuntu-us-pnw at lists.ubuntu.com
> 
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> 	https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-us-pnw
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> 	ubuntu-us-pnw-request at lists.ubuntu.com
> 
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> 	ubuntu-us-pnw-owner at lists.ubuntu.com
> 
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Ubuntu-us-pnw digest..."
> 
> 
> Today's Topics:
> 
>    1. Re: resistance, webpage update and business cards (Dan Shufelt)
> 
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 11:41:58 -0700
> From: "Dan Shufelt" <dshufelt at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: resistance, webpage update and business cards
> To: ubuntu-us-pnw at lists.ubuntu.com
> Message-ID:
> 	<41ae18940608161141i3d7ccb99jbe67a32763e57197 at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
> 
> When I first started getting the PNW team up and running I sat down and
> wrote a bunch of notes as to why M$ is so appealing to users.  I think it
> would be intresting to collaborate on ways of abolishing the WIntel tax and
> distributing Ubuntu.  I'll dig up my notes and through them out to the rest
> of the team tonight.
> 
> I also wanted to give everyone an update on our new team webpage (yes I'm
> still working on it).  Currently we have had a template for our team page
> created by Paul.  Mike created our new team logo. So I am currently working
> on getting a team forum up and running as well as filling in the rest of the
> content on the page.
> 
> Sorry I haven't updated the information on the applicable project WIKI's but
> things have been busy in my world so I'm just juggling the work.
> 
> The loco team admin loved our business card concept and asked that I send it
> out to the loco team list where it was warmly received.  One person
> did mention that the picture looked a little pixilated and that we might
> want to clean it up or save it in a higher resolution to ensure a crisp
> clean look when the business cards are printed.  Does anyone have a decent
> printer?  It would be nice to try printing a copy of the cards to see if
> this is a problem that needs to be addressed (before I have kinko's print a
> box).
> 
> 
> On 8/16/06, ubuntu-us-pnw-request at lists.ubuntu.com
> <ubuntu-us-pnw-request at lists.ubuntu.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Send Ubuntu-us-pnw mailing list submissions to
> >        ubuntu-us-pnw at lists.ubuntu.com
> >
> > To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> >        https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-us-pnw
> > or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> >        ubuntu-us-pnw-request at lists.ubuntu.com
> >
> > You can reach the person managing the list at
> >        ubuntu-us-pnw-owner at lists.ubuntu.com
> >
> > When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> > than "Re: Contents of Ubuntu-us-pnw digest..."
> >
> >
> > Today's Topics:
> >
> >   1. whats with the resistance?? (mike)
> >   2. Re: whats with the resistance?? (Paul Bartell)
> >
> >
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > Message: 1
> > Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 15:16:06 -0700
> > From: mike < mike at midcolumbia.net>
> > Subject: whats with the resistance??
> > To: ubuntu-us-pnw at lists.ubuntu.com
> > Message-ID: < 1155680166.19488.10.camel at localhost.localdomain>
> > Content-Type: text/plain
> >
> > Can any one tell me why every one is so standoffish when you mention an
> > alternative to M$? I mean every person I mention this great thing to
> > looks at me like I have leprosy or something. is it 'cuz most free stuff
> > isn't worth beans? or do they really fear change that much. I did have a
> > very positive experience with a guy. It was at a young professionals
> > meeting he kept asking what the draw backs were. and here's the great
> > part. I couldn't think of any REAL problems. so he said Send me a CD Id
> > love to try it. he was pretty excited about it..
> >
> > Why should you have to pay for stability and security?????
> >
> > there is an alternative
> >
> > <b>UBUNTU</>
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > ------------------------------
> >
> > Message: 2
> > Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 17:38:28 -0700
> > From: "Paul Bartell" < paul.bartell at gmail.com>
> > Subject: Re: whats with the resistance??
> > To: mike <mike at midcolumbia.net>
> > Cc: ubuntu-us-pnw at lists.ubuntu.com
> > Message-ID:
> >        <2b5bab0f0608151738p77d90d43x776b7f07cbcaa5f3 at mail.gmail.com>
> > Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
> >
> > yes very true. I usually call ubuntu an open source operating system
> > instead
> > of free. people have been very swayed about the word FREE immediatly
> > associating it with no money instead of the freedom of use and
> > distrubution.
> > Also Ms started in Seattle and people are used to it and immediately
> > discard
> > linux as a terminal based operating system and that there is no gui at
> > all.
> > We need to tell people that it looks just like windows. People dont
> > understand. i find that even people with technical understanding even
> > think
> > its all a terminal.
> >
> > On 8/15/06, mike <mike at midcolumbia.net> wrote:
> > >
> > > Can any one tell me why every one is so standoffish when you mention an
> > > alternative to M$? I mean every person I mention this great thing to
> > > looks at me like I have leprosy or something. is it 'cuz most free stuff
> > > isn't worth beans? or do they really fear change that much. I did have a
> >
> > > very positive experience with a guy. It was at a young professionals
> > > meeting he kept asking what the draw backs were. and here's the great
> > > part. I couldn't think of any REAL problems. so he said Send me a CD Id
> > > love to try it. he was pretty excited about it..
> > >
> > > Why should you have to pay for stability and security?????
> > >
> > > there is an alternative
> > >
> > > <b>UBUNTU</>
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > Ubuntu-us-pnw mailing list
> > > Ubuntu-us-pnw at lists.ubuntu.com
> > > https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-us-pnw
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Im not a geek im just intellectually curious.
> > look @ my website :www.paulbartell.com
> > ~The propagandist's purpose is to make one set of people forget that
> > certain
> > other sets of people are human.~~ Aldous Huxley
> > -------------- next part --------------
> > An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> > URL:
> > https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-us-pnw/attachments/20060815/bd614359/attachment-0001.htm
> >
> > ------------------------------
> >
> > --
> > Ubuntu-us-pnw mailing list
> > Ubuntu-us-pnw at lists.ubuntu.com
> > https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-us-pnw
> >
> >
> > End of Ubuntu-us-pnw Digest, Vol 2, Issue 2
> > *******************************************
> >
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> Best regards,
> 
> Dan Shufelt
> 
> "If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a
> nail." -Abraham Maslow
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-us-pnw/attachments/20060816/98fe2ac2/attachment-0001.htm 
> 
> ------------------------------

-- 
Best regards,

Dan Shufelt
Ubuntu- Pacific Northwest Team (PNWTeam)
dshufelt at gmail.com

"If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as
a nail." -Abraham Maslow
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 191 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-us-pnw/attachments/20060817/c1c674da/attachment.pgp 


More information about the Ubuntu-us-pnw mailing list