[Ubuntu-US-PA] Eagle Scout Project (Presentations)

Alden Davidson davidsonalden at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 17:54:35 UTC 2014

Blaine, that sounds great! I'd love to see what you have (whenever you feel
it's worth sharing) and to help you with it in whatever way I can - since
I've been using Ubuntu/Arch for a few years now, I know a tiny bit about
the desktop.
And although I'm not focusing on any enterprise-like solutions - yet, at
least; I need to get in touch with some local institutions - I'm going to
keep all that in mind, since moving my local library system (Union County
Library System) to Koha may serve as a good alternative if this falls
through. And I want to try to get my school to move away from its
Mac-dominated setup, so that information could help.

On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 3:49 PM, Blaine Clark <blaineclrk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Alden, I'm too far west (DuBois) to offer help or to get help, but I'm
> very interested in prepping a presentation myself. Our public library is
> planning to upgrade hardware and while they're at it, they are
> investigating Linux for perhaps the whole shebang, including the user
> desktops. I've talked to them about a public presentation regarding
> Linux and open source and they're very interested. I've got some draft
> presentations made in Impress. I sure could use some collaboration and
> some advice from others.
>
> I'm a home desktop user, as well as my wife. We both jumped off the MS
> ship in 2007 and haven't touched MS since. Other than the desktop usage,
> I don't know much else such as networking or even touching on any type
> of enterprise use, so for now, I am focusing more on the home desktop
> user since XP is soon to expire and many are going to be looking at
> alternatives.
>
> Blaine

Thanks,
Alden Davidson