[Ubuntu-US-PA] Eagle Scout Project

Alden Davidson davidsonalden at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 19:53:03 UTC 2013

Hello fellow Ubuntu users!

My name's Alden Davidson - I've been an Ubuntu user for a few years now,
and at this point in my life I'm working towards acheiving my Eagle Scout
award.  For my project, I want to do an Ubuntu Install/Information event
sort of thing, with somebody/somebodies doing a presentation on Ubuntu
(what it is, what it can do for you, the audience, etc.), helping attendees
install Ubuntu if they would like, helping them clear hard drives securely
if they want to discard their computer, donating useful computers to
community centers - all in all, lots of fun stuff.

I'm emailing you all today because I'm not allowed to make a presentation
myself - to show leadership, organization and all that I have to organize
other people to make my event go - and I would like to see if there are any
volunteers here who would be willing to help out - even if you can't/don't
want to present, I'd love to have you show up to answer questions, help
out, or just to see what's going on.

I haven't set a date for anything yet, as I'm just in the first stages and
my proposal hasn't even been approved yet, but I wanted to see if there was
any interest or any available bodies for this. If you have any questions or
would like to discuss this, you can email me at:

davidsonalden (at) gmail (dot) com.

--
Thanks,
Alden Davidson