[Ubuntu-US-PA] New Member

Jonathan Simpson jonathand at fossevents.org
Wed Jul 11 18:23:24 UTC 2012

Hi Thomas,

http://ubuntupennsylvania.org/ is the site Luke was
referencing, I think. It covers more than just fosscon :)

As for IRC, IRC is internet relay chat, a communications
mechanism we use. The specific IRC network we use is known
as freenode. IRC provides a realtime chat environment
similar to many web based chats, but has been around for
decades. You can find the ubuntu-us-pa channel (the IRC term
for rooms) here:
http://webchat.freenode.net?channels=ubuntu-us-pa
<http://webchat.freenode.net?channels=ubuntu-us-pa&uio=d4>