[Ubuntu-US-PA] Severed Fifth in PA

Virgil Brummond uraharakisuke153 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 22:07:36 UTC 2011

Hello,

I am sending this mail to folks that might be interested in the Severed
Fifth Pennsylvania Street Team. Severed Fifth is a metal band led by
Jono Bacon that releases all of their music under the creative commons.
They and fans around the world are working on creating groups called
Street Teams that advocate free culture and music. The teams themselves
organize events and spread awareness of free culture by word of mouth,
sharing and using the music in productions, etc. Some examples of Street
Team activities can be found here:
<http://severedfifth.wikia.com/wiki/StreetTeams/Bitesize>. Information
on creating a team can be found here:
<http://severedfifth.wikia.com/wiki/StreetTeams/CreateTeam>

You can find out more about Severed Fifth and the Street Teams by going
to Severed Fifth's home page at: <http://www.severedfifth.com/>. We also
have a forums located at <http://www.severedfifth.com/forum/> and and
irc channel at #severedfifth on irc.freenode.net. The Pennsylvania team
specifically has a facebook group you are welcome to join at:
<https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_185071891529892&ap=1>.  You
can get in touch with me by email at: uraharakisuke153 at gmail dot com

I am really interested in making the Street Team rock here in
Pennsylvania and am looking for a community that is willing to take
things into their own hands. Pennsylvania is a large state, and I am
located far to the west near Pittsburgh. The Ubuntu community seems to
be very active over near Philadelphia, so I am looking forward to
helping Street Teams find leadership over that way. Please feel free to
get in touch with me or any of the Street Team members on the forums or
IRC as well if you have any questions! Thanks for your support!

- Virgil Brummond