[Ubuntu-US-PA] CPOSC 2010 is almost here!

Bret Fledderjohn freelancer317 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 03:39:40 BST 2010

After a late start, things are coming together!

I just received the conference pack today from Canonical.  Which included a
boatload of Lanyards, some pins, cool stickers, a couple of t-shirts,  a
couple of hats, and an official Ubuntu Book.

I could use a little help with the funds, since it is going to cost us $100
to be there.  I've secured a $25 donation already, and I will pay whatever I
need to out of my pocket, but it would be nice to get some help.  Any size
donation would be appreciated.  Goto the team website
http://ubuntupennsylvania.org or my blog at
http://breadthofreality.blogspot.com and click on the PayPal donate button
to contribute.

First three people to commit to spending some time at the table gets their
choice of a hat or shirt when they arrive.  First come first serve for
choice of size and accessory!

I still need to get this on the wiki and to get some flyers and such made
up, if anyone has graphical talent, let me know.  I'll start trawling for
10.10 info.  I'd like to try to use this as a springboard to more events
around the state!

Shoot me an email if you can help man the booth, or even if you are coming
to the event (no pressure to contribute time).  I'd like to get together
with,  or at least meet as many people as possible!

In case you still aren't familiar with CPOSC, here's some information:

What is CPOSC?

The Central PA Open Source Conference (CPOSC) is a small, low-cost, one-day
conference about all things Open Source. It was started in 2008 by a few of
the members of the Central PA Linux User Group <http://cplug.net/> and
the Central
PA Ruby Meetup <http://meetup.com/>.

This year’s conference will be our third annual event.
When and where is CPOSC 2010?

CPOSC 2010 will be held at Harrisburg
University<http://www.cposc.org/location/> on
Saturday, October 16, 2010.
What’s the format of the conference?

There will be 21 speakers divided into 3
tracks<http://www.cposc.org/speakers/>,
and all sessions will be 50 minutes. You can check out the
schedule<http://www.cposc.org/schedule/>,
but please note that it is subject to change.
How can I get updates about the conference?

Follow @cposc <http://twitter.com/cposc/> on Twitter. That’s the best way to
get up-to-the-minute updates regarding the conference. You can also add the
blog to your favorite RSS reader.
How can I get in touch with other attendees?

The best way is to use the wiki located at wiki.cposc.org. There are page
stubs for pre/post conference meetups, ride sharing, lunchtime BOF sessions,
and more. You’ll need to register to edit pages, but that only takes a
second.

If you are an IRC user, join #cposc on irc.cplug.net. There’s usually at
least handful of people idling there are any given time during the day.
Is there a pre-conference social event?

Not officially, but there will probably something the night before the
conference atAppalachian Brewing
Company<http://www.abcbrew.com/harrisburg/index.htm> in
Harrisburg from 6 PM – 9 PM. Geeks and beer? Rumor has it that those two
things go well together. :)

Details will be posted on the Wiki Meetup <http://wiki.cposc.org/meetup>
 page.

--