[Ubuntu-US-PA] Display difficulties

Stephen Nichols ChinnoDog at lonesheep.net
Mon Sep 20 18:40:24 BST 2010

I did a quick search online and found this relating to 200M instability:
http://www.ge.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1475045

<http://www.ge.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1475045>So, first confirm
whether you are using a proprietary driver.  If you installed Ubuntu
yourself and haven't intentionally replaced your video driver with the ATI
proprietary one you are probably using the built in one.  I skimmed the
thread and saw that it could be related to your shared memory size and/or
kernel version.  Shared memory can be changed in your BIOS, kernel can be
upgraded to with synaptic / apt but first you will want to compare the
version you are on the the version that supposedly fixed the problem for one
of the forum posters.