[Ubuntu-US-PA] Display difficulties

Rick Bryant rick.bryant at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 00:27:40 BST 2010

Hi all...

I'm having an issue with Ubuntu and am hoping someone may be able to
point me in the right direction. I have a dual boot system with 7 and
Ubuntu. I used wubi for th Ubuntu install. While I'm in Ubuntu, I'm
having having occasional display issues with it.  At random times the
display turn to lines and I can't return to the desktop unless I hard
boot the system. The display issues seem to correspond to launching a
program. I'm thinking it's some sort of driver issue, but I'm fairly
new to Linux and have not worked with drivers in Linux before. Any
help would be greatly apreeciated.

Rick