[Ubuntu-US-PA] new Ubuntu theme

Danny Knestaut dcknestaut at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 16:52:22 GMT 2010

Well, window dressing is just window dressing. It can be changed. The
important difference is that Ubuntu is open and I CAN change it, whereas Mac
is completely locked down.

On Mar 9, 2010 9:18 AM, "SilverTip257" <silvertip257 at gmail.com> wrote:

What does everyone think of the new Ubuntu theme / redesign?

I'm not so concerned about colors as that is easy to change.
But I don't like their color combo with the orange on purple splash -
the dark gray and off-white GNOME theme isn't terrible though.

But the window buttons (minimize/maximize/close) on the left like Mac OSX !?
Canonical has lost me on this one.  Making Linux more like OSX doesn't
exactly help things.

http://www.jonobacon.org/2010/03/03/refreshing-the-ubuntu-brand/
http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/308

I guess they can't make everyone happy.