[Ubuntu-US-PA] Outing Microsoft...

Stephen Nichols ChinnoDog at lonesheep.net
Mon Jul 19 17:45:08 BST 2010

I researched exchange replacements awhile back but I have not used them.  i
think they all have connectivity to open source clients.  Connectivity to
Outlook is usually via commercial package.  Here are the packages I found:

1. Scalix - I liked the feature set. I almost set this up for myself to
test.
2. Zimbra - popular replacement. Downloadable virtual appliance has been
available for a long time.
3. Open-Xchange - I don't know that much about this, but I found 1&1
provides hosting for this (their MailXchange
service<http://order.1and1.com/xml/order/MailXchange>)
for a rather attractive price. I see now that the SaS section of their web
site lists other providers as well.