[Ubuntu-US-PA] Netbook remix boot conundrum

Arthur S. Alexion arthur at alexion.com
Sat Jan 30 17:02:05 GMT 2010

On Friday 29 January 2010 14:56:23 Jake Otto wrote:
> If I were to get a CD of the desktop edition, or even try to reinstall
> the version I currently have, could this even be done with a blank
> screen?  Is there something I could do before or during the boot in
> order to get my sceen back?

My guess is that somehow during the Ubuntu install, your laptop was either
dimmed, or switched to external monitor mode.  If you are getting a blank
screen both from the HDD boot and the CD boot, then it has nothing to do with
the OS.

Another possibility is that the video is set to a mode incompatible with your

Art Alexion