[Ubuntu-US-PA] Netbook remix boot conundrum

Jake Otto jacob.otto at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 23:10:14 GMT 2010

Yes, it is the case that there is no boot screen, or mfg. logo.

Before I installed NBR, it was running windows XP (for which I have no
boot disk).  I also didn't choose the option to have windows stay on a
partition of my HDD when I installed NBR.  It is plugged in and
getting power.

It appears a consensus is forming around there being a hardware
issue.  If that is the case, do people have recommendations on to whom
I should bring the laptop to have it looked at?  I'm located in center
city, Philadelphia.