[Ubuntu-US-PA] Netbook remix boot conundrum

Thomas Ward trekcaptainusa.tw at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 20:18:28 GMT 2010

Jake,

Running a LiveCD of Desktop Edition doesn't even involve booting into Ubuntu
first, you boot directly to the CD as the system starts (somewhere in the
BIOS settings, you can set the CD drive to be checked first).  This will run
the LiveCD, and should work for you.

Without more details as to why exactly the system is not showing the screen,
I can't say what you can do to fix that issue.  But since I assume you
installed NBR (Netbook Remix) then your issues occured, its conceivable that
overwriting the NBR install with a full Desktop Edition install might fix
the issue.  If this doesn't, then its possible that your issue may be tied
to compatibility issues.

--Thomas