[Ubuntu-US-PA] UBUNTU Live CD WINE

Stephen Nichols ChinnoDog at lonesheep.net
Wed Feb 17 13:01:07 GMT 2010

As the others have said, WINE probably isn’t going to help you much here.
WINE is a software layer in Linux, not a diagnostic tool.  If you can’t see
a file using BartPE it either isn’t there or your hard disk is corrupted.  I
don’t know which BartPE distribution you used, but UBCD4WIN
(http://www.ubcd4win.com) should have all the tools you need to repair the
problem.  Run chkdsk on your drive and then show hidden files.  If the file
still isn’t there and you are sure it is supposed to be then grab it off
another workstation running the same release and version of Windows or use
the “expand” command to decompress it from your installation CD.  If you
think your registry is/was corrupted be sure to try the “Last Known Good”
boot option before you attempt to repair/replace your registry.  Some
versions of Windows keep a backup copy of your registry; you will have to
look up its location if you have one.