[Ubuntu-US-PA] Free Geek Picnic Saturday 11 Sept 2010 PHILLY AREA

jim fisher jedijf at myfisher.org
Tue Aug 10 22:23:20 BST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "David A. Harding" <dave at dtrt.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 13:48:14 -0400
Subject: [CHLUG] Free Geek Picnic Saturday 11 Sept 2010
To: LUG/IP <lugip at lugip.org>, CHLUG <chlug at googlegroups.com>, Ubuntu

Our geek picnic last year was a huge success.  Over 25 geeks--and their
families--turned out to eat burgers, play frisbee, and have a lot of fun.

This year we're going to a larger park--one with more fields, a
playground, walking trails, and geocaches.  You're sure to have fun!

Food is potluck. Last year we had burgers, hot dogs, macaroni salad,
fruit casserole, macaroni and cheese, soda, chips, a vegetable
platter--and plenty of deserts including cake and Ubuntu-themed
cupcakes.

We worked off the calories with a game of ultimate frisbee, geek style,
and plenty of games with the kids.

Check out the pictures from last year:

   * Hanging out: http://gallery.ubuntupennsylvania.org/main.php?g2_itemId=630
   * Playing frisbee:
http://gallery.ubuntupennsylvania.org/main.php?g2_itemId=712
   * Chowing down: http://gallery.ubuntupennsylvania.org/main.php?g2_itemId=574
   * Ubuntu Cupcakes!:
http://gallery.ubuntupennsylvania.org/main.php?g2_itemId=601
   * More hanging out:
http://gallery.ubuntupennsylvania.org/main.php?g2_itemId=604

   (Thanks to Jonathan Simpson and Lyz Krumbach for taking the photos.)

Please come!  The event is free--you only need to bring food to share.

    Philadelphia Geeknic Picnic
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Saturday 11 September 2010
    Lower Perkiomen Park
    Oaks, Pennsylvania 19456

    Google map:
	http://tinyurl.com/2dpe5dz

Reservation appreciated:

    http://wiki.geeknic.org/index.php/Lower_Perkiomen_Geeknic

Questions?  Feel free to email me, <mailto:dave at dtrt.org>.

We hope to see you there!

***

Help us advertise this event! The more the merrier! Pass this email to
anyone who might be interested. You can also post a message to Twitter:

    Please join me for food and fun at the Philadelphia Geeknic Picnic
on 11 Sept 2010!  Details: http://geeknic.org/?p=120 #geeknic

Thanks!,

-Dave
--