[Ubuntu-US-PA] Local Upgrade to 10.4

Rick Bryant rick.bryant at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 14:11:51 BST 2010

Hi all...

I'm teaching an Intro to Linux course. The students are using Ubuntu
installed through VMWare. With the new release of 4.10 coming shortly
I'm looking for a way for the students to upgrade to 4.10 locally. The
bandwidth at the school is not the greatest and I fear that 12
students trying to upgrade at the same time will kill the bandwidth.
Does anyone have a suggestion for upgrading locally? I'm thinking I'll
probably have to download the image, create a local mirror, and point
their machines to that mirror. I've never done that before. Does that
sound like the right process? Thanks for your help.

Rick