[Ubuntu-US-PA] Seeking assistance in finding the latest GNU application

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Tue Apr 27 13:01:05 BST 2010

On Tuesday 27 April 2010 00:46:43 Charles E. LaMonte,n3vuo wrote:
> Greetings to all, What is the latest GNU Cash application that is
> compatible with Ubuntu ?

To get the *latest* compatible version of any application, look in the
following places in the following order:
1. The official (main) and (universe, multiverse) repositories.  You can usually
count on these working.
2. "-backports" repositories
3. A launchpad.net PPA.  Sometimes a user will package a cutting edge version
for Ubuntu and place it in a PPA repository.
4. A repository usually hosted by the application's development team, on a
non-ubuntu server
5. A deb available from the app web site, not hosted on a repository, but
packaged to work either with Ubuntu or distro-independent.

> Where do I get the latest documentation and
> tutorial ?

Let Google be your registrar for finding courses on this and any topic.

--
Art Alexion