[Ubuntu-US-PA] Kubuntu Netbook Remix

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Tue Apr 13 16:05:21 BST 2010

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 7:16 PM, Thomas Ward
<trekcaptainusa.tw at gmail.com> wrote:
> I can tell you this:
>
> I have a copy of 10.04 Desktop (with GNOME; tested but not installed), and I
> have to say that with the equipment
>  I have on my system right now, i'm happy with 9.04 due to its speed and
> efficiency.  And although I like some
> features of 10.04, I'd rather stick with the stable release.  I can tell you
> though, that NONE of my computers (yes, I
> said NONE, and I have decently new computers) have been able to handle the
> KDE interface.  This includes 10.04 beta.

Are you saying you stuck with 9.04 for the KDE 3.5 interface?

I've been running KDE 4.4 on two computers -- newish, but not new --
and performance-wise, I see no difference with KDE 3.5.  There are
undoubtedly functionality reasons to stick with 3.5, but performance
is not a reason.

Perhaps you have video card issues?

--
artAlexion