[Ubuntu-US-PA] LoCo / LUG in Washington PA area?

Danny Knestaut dcknestaut at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 03:36:53 GMT 2009

"Howdy"? I thought I was the only Pennsylvanian that said that.

Anyway, if you have Internet access and a USB port, go to www.ubuntu.com and
click on the link to download 9.10 Netbook Remix. You should find a link to
detailed instructions on how to install Ubuntu NBR from a flash drive. I
used the same instructions to get my Acer Aspire One up and running.

As for ClamAV, I don't think you'll need it. Creating a bootable flash drive
will obliterate all the data on your flash drive, including viruses. If
you're using a Windows machine to make your bootable flash drive, then
hopefully that computer has it's own anti-virus ware for the sake of
Windows.

Good luck. It'll be worth it.

Danny