[Ubuntu-US-PA] Philly Prep! (was: Re: Global Bug Jam participation, First Steps)

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 20 16:35:13 GMT 2009

Hi all,

We're getting prepped for the jam in Philly tomorrow, just wanted to
go over a couple things.

To be ready for tomorrow (it's okay if you don't have time, we'll walk
people through these steps as needed tomorrow):

 * Register an account with launchpad.net if you haven't already
 * If you want to dive into fixing and handling bugs for jaunty and
aren't running jaunty, check out this page for other options on how
you can get a jaunty environment:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/UsingDevelopmentReleases
 * And as always, resources we mentioned on the wiki page for this
event: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PennsylvaniaTeam/EventsTeam/PhiladelphiaFeb2009BugJam

We'll be doing an intro session and working with folks who drop in all
day to get them going.

If anyone has any trouble getting there, finding the entrance or
anything, please feel free to call my cell: 610-952-7370

As far as other things go...

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 2:36 AM, Daniel Holbach
<daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>  1. Add your jam to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GlobalBugJam if you haven't
> done so.

Done!

>  2. Prepare a list of bugs you and your team can go through.
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GlobalBugJam has some inspiration for you. :-)

I think we'll be doing this tomorrow and see how things go. Would hate
to spend the time this evening prepping a list and find out other
teams had done them all by the time our Jam starts!

> During the event:
>  1. Click https://launchpad.net/~5-a-day-participants/+join and tell
> your team to join it as well.

FYI - I spoke with Daniel Holbach and he was cool with us just adding
the whole Pennsylvania team, so there is no need for us to join
individually.

>  2. Add your event to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Events as well and
> ask people to add their Launchpad ID there.

Done, and I went ahead and added the confirmed attendees whose
launchpad profiles I knew to the list: rocket2dmn, lyz, art-alexion

Please go ahead and add yourself to the Pennsylvania line too if you
are attending, or even if you aren't in Philly, hack away from home
and represent the team! :)

>  3. Take pictures and tell people to blog / dent / twitter about it.
> Take pride in what you and your team are doing and add your stories
> here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GlobalBugJam/Stories - tell the world
> about it!

Camera is all charged up and ready to go, but I shouldn't be the only
one - bring your cameras! Take pictures!

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com