[Ubuntu-US-PA] Re Wireless Problem.

Kevin Valentine kevin.valentine at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 22:10:25 GMT 2009

Hi John,

I checked the specifications on the Acer site and it says your Aspire
5720 should be using the Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG.  Check it out here:
http://acer.com/products/notebook/as5720.htm

As others are saying, the output of lspci will confirm this.  My Dell
laptop has the 3945ABG chipset.  It works great with the "iwl3945" open
source kernel module on Ubuntu 8.04.  Check on that chipset and we'll
help troubleshoot even more :)

-kevin