[Ubuntu-US-PA] Re Wireless Problem.

SilverTip257 silvertip257 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 18:54:41 GMT 2009

Unless it's a new Atheros-based chip, you'll need to install the Restricted
Drivers for your card.  Oftentimes Ubuntu will prompt you to use the
Restricted ones.
The open source Atheros drivers you speak of are the ath5k source IIRC.  I
believe ath5k is only for newer Atheros chips, but I currently have an older
Ath device.

For the time being, don't bother with NDISwrapper - there should be native
drivers for your Atheros card > it's one of the best supported wifi chipsets
around!

Please provide 'lspci' output from the terminal and any information from the
manufacturer regarding the wifi card.

Regards,
Mike
//  SilverTip257  //