[Ubuntu-US-PA] Re Wireless Problem.

Alex Launi alex.launi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 16:47:21 GMT 2009

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 10:54 AM, TheWonk <publicpolicywonk at gmail.com> wrote:

> what wireless card specifically is in the machine

The easiest way to find out what wireless card is to open a terminal and
type 'lspci' and look for the wireless adapter. If you know it's an Atheros,
it may be easier to do 'lspci |grep -i atheros' (both of those without
quotes). I would upgrade to 8.10 as soon as possible, with each release
hardware support gets better and better, and if I recall correctly, Atheros
released an open source driver between the two releases.

--
--Alex Launi