[Ubuntu PA] Possible New NTR Project

Chris Teodorski chris.teodorski at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 18:32:53 BST 2008

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 9:10 AM, Kevin Valentine
<kevin.valentine at gmail.com> wrote:
> Chris Teodorski wrote:
>> So the NTR says this is one of their time consuming support problems,
>> having to reinstall infested and corrupted Windows.
>> How are they backing-up user data today?
> They don't provide any backup option.  They simply tell the user their
> system will be wiped and they should backup their stuff before bringing
> it in.
>
> -kevin

I think you guys are going to kill yourselves with complexity here.  I
really think that because there is no uniformity in where things are
stored in windows (lots of programs default to their installation
location), that you will never be able to script a backup of data that
doesn't end with someone angry because their data got deleted.  I
think the NTR's policy of back-up your data before you come to us is
the best policy, in other words, we are "scorching earth here,
survivors are your responsibility."

I honestly think just getting a dual boot system that works on 80% of
machines will be a challenge enough....

Chris