[Ubuntu PA] Land's End Ubuntu Goods

Elizabeth Bevilacqua lyz at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 8 17:17:21 BST 2008

Hey folks,

John Crawford started a thread on the US Team forums ages ago
suggesting that someone from the US work with the Land's End
corporate/affiliate program to get the Ubuntu Logo on Land's End
goods, the thread is here:

http://ocs.landsend.com/corpsales

There is tons of interest across the country and it's been brought up
several times at our own events. There were some politics involved
that stalled the project, but I think we're ready to pick up where we
left off and move forward with contacting Canonical to get the green
light (it's their trademark/copyright/etc) and then moving into
actually dishing out the cash to get this going and setting up the
account.

The question is - who wants to head this up? John gave me the go-ahead
to find someone else to lead the project (he's too busy), but I'm too
busy to lead this (I will help though!). I could just go to the US
mailing list, but we have a lot of dedicated folks here who don't have
tasks, so I thought I'd ask here first :)

Cheers,

--
Elizabeth Bevilacqua // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com