[Ubuntu PA] Intrepid & Compiz

SilverTip257 silvertip257 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 18:15:18 GMT 2008

Sadly I don't have any suggestions, but thought I might voice my own
problems.

I haven't installed Intrepid yet, but I noticed that when I went from my old
Feisty install on my laptop (older, but well supported hardware) that the
Desktop Effects broke.  I tried an upgrade the first time, but broke various
apps (Feisty > Gutsy > Hardy).  Then I reinstalled because I had a separate
/home partition (still running Hardy).  The Desktop Effects are still broken
at this point...

I guess I'm rather Off-topic with this one, but thought I'd mention it -- I
had Desktop Effects and later Compiz with developer plugins working
flawlessly -- on Feisty though.  Now I'm stuck with no effects (transparency
was the best) on my Hardy install.

--Mike

//  SilverTip257  //
  ~