[Ubuntu PA] Intrepid & Compiz

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Wed Oct 29 16:22:06 GMT 2008

One of the more useful features of Compiz is to make windows transparent.  I
use this a lot when working in the topmost window, while reading a window
under it.  (usually to view user admin requests under a user admin window)

In Hardy, Gutsy and SLED, holding down Alt while scrolling the mouse wheel
adjusted opacity.  This doesn't seem to work in Intrepid.

As it was turned on by default every other time I used it, I don't know how to
turn it on or configure it in Intrepid.  I tried the things that look like
it, but no luck.

Any ideas?