[Ubuntu PA] HELP: custom gfxboot image

Kevin Valentine kevin.valentine at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 02:20:58 BST 2008

We need someone to customize a gfxboot splash image to include some LoCo
and NTR specific information.

For those of you that don't know what gfxboot is, it's just a fancier
version of grub.  Looks a lot like the boot loader found on the Ubuntu
CDs.  There's really no good place to get a detailed description of
gfxboot.  This howto is about as good as it gets:

I made a splashimage for the Girls Inc. project last year but that was
for regular grub.  It would be nice to keep similar content but you're
welcome to get creative.  Here's a link to the Girls Inc slashimage:
http://i17.tinypic.com/53qncp1.jpg

Much of the text in that image needs to be updated with this:
Xubuntu/Linux Support:
Ubuntu PA Local Community Team
http://ubuntupennsylvania.org/

MS Windows Support:
Nonprofit Technology Resources:
http://ntronline.org/
215-564-6686

Attached is the logo for our team.  I'm trying to get NTR's logo now.
Apparently they have a better one than what's on the site.  As for the
gfxboot image to start with, I'm leaning towards this one because of the
black background:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=1272301&postcount=71

Will let you know when I get the logo from NTR.

-kevin