No subject

Thu Jun 12 23:09:36 BST 2008

I depend on para-virt.  Xen seems to do this well.  KVM seemed to need hoops
and flames.

> KVM uses QEMU as a front
> end.  To the end-user, using KVM will be _exactly_ like using QEMU
> except that it will be much much faster.  I do not know how anybody
> can say that KVM is more intimidating than Xen after they have used
> both, so give it a shot if you have the hardware.  I can say that Xen
> had a much steeper learning curve for me.  Also, KVM works as a kernel
> module and requires nothing like xend.

I find that the xm command is easier than QEMU, but this is pure preference.

<snip>

Anyways, any further discussion of virt stuff should probably be moved to a
new thread.

------=_Part_21220_123551.1225074959761

&gt;<br>
&gt; Also, is there anyone on the list that could say a bit about KVM<br>
&gt; virtualization? &nbsp;Perferably someone that&#39;s used it?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; ** &nbsp;I&#39;ve never used KVM, but I did do a lot of reading and evaluated it<br>
&gt; the Xen graphical tools seem to be more plentiful.<br>
&gt;<br>
&nbsp;</div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">KVM uses QEMU as a front<br>
end. &nbsp;To the end-user, using KVM will be _exactly_ like using QEMU<br>
except that it will be much much faster. &nbsp;I do not know how anybody<br>
can say that KVM is more intimidating than Xen after they have used<br>
both, so give it a shot if you have the hardware. &nbsp;I can say that Xen<br>
had a much steeper learning curve for me. &nbsp;Also, KVM works as a kernel<br>

------=_Part_21220_123551.1225074959761--