No subject

Thu Jun 12 23:09:36 BST 2008

to create reports based on that data.  A) DB2 supports running on a linux
platform, and B) there are lots of tools that do report generation that are
cross-platform and/or support Linux***.  It might be worth looking into a
new tool before moving to Ubuntu, depending on the size of the project.

Also, is there anyone on the list that could say a bit about KVM
virtualization?  Perferably someone that's used it?

HTH,
Brian

*  Ubuntu 8.04 has a lot of problems with kernel bugs in the Xen kernel.  It
works (I use it), but it's a pain.  I would not suggest running a business
on it.

**  I've never used KVM, but I did do a lot of reading and evaluated it
before deciding to use Xen.  It just seems more intimidating than Xen, and
the Xen graphical tools seem to be more plentiful.

***  There are no products in the category that I can personally vouch for.

------=_Part_21066_13325196.1225072990202

------=_Part_21066_13325196.1225072990202--