[Ubuntu PA] Canonical Webhosting

Elizabeth Bevilacqua lyz at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 10 15:33:50 BST 2008

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 9:14 AM, brent saner <brent.saner at gmail.com> wrote:
> would there be any spec benefit from joining them? more hosting space,
> more system resources, etc.?

To be honest - not a whole lot aside from free hosting. As Bret
mentioned the sysamdin team can be slow to answer requests at times
(this has been a problem for other teams, but they are getting
better...), the available software that they are willing to support is
limited and they're very strict about their infrastructure (locked
down permissions, bzr for planet maintenance).

I don't believe gallery2 is on their approved application list, so we
might either want to keep that with Ace or I can toss it up on my VPS,
which is easy enough since it has it's own subdomain. Or we can use
some free image hosting service (Flickr? Picasa? Others?). We might
consider switching to Drupal because it's so common for LoCo teams and
I really should learn how to use it someday ;) Plus having Canonical
do the maintenance on Drupal will cut back on the overhead we would
have had if we ran it to begin with.

- Lyz/pleia2

--
Elizabeth Bevilacqua