[Ubuntu PA] Canonical Webhosting

Elizabeth Bevilacqua lyz at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 10 13:54:47 BST 2008

Hey folks,

Our site, meetlinux.com has been down for a couple weeks after the
wordpress install was hacked. After a failed attempt to upgrade we're
now looking for new options as far as webhosting goes.

We can continue to use the hosting provided by Ace Tech and continue
to wait for the Ubuntu version of Wordpress (easier to maintain than
the tarball that was hacked) to be installed. Or we can request
hosting from Canonical, details here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoHosting

We went with Ace originally because we were not an approved team, thus
not entitled to such hosting. But now that we are, do we want to go
for it? We could also get a http://pa.ubuntu-us.org name that we can
use along with meetlinux.com

If we choose to go with Canonical, I volunteer to continue maintaining
the page and being the lead, and heading up the effort to migrate.

- Lyz/pleia2

--
Elizabeth Bevilacqua
http://www.princessleia.com