[Ubuntu PA] questions about OSS usage at NTR

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Sun Jul 20 21:43:23 BST 2008

On Sunday 20 July 2008 12:59:30 Jim Fisher wrote:
>    Lyz addressed th Open Office issue well, and I
>    apologize for not mentioning that while at NTR.
>    I have set my wife's OO and some of her peers as
>    well, for their online classes at Montgomery
>    Community College and it works seamlessly with
>    the MS based requirements.  The only issue has
>    been with Office 2008 and the funky XML, but
>    there are work-arounds for that also.

I just wanted to mention that the Linux version of OOo 2.4.1 handles Office
2007 documents better than the Windows version of OOo for some reason.  My
office mostly uses Offfice 2000 and people get sent the new format
occasionally.  I routinely install the Windows version of OOo and associate
docx files with it for them.  Almost always works, but not as consistently
for xlsm.  For some reason the Linux version handles the xlsm as well.