[Ubuntu PA] Disk Imaging Solutions

Kevin Valentine kevin.valentine at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 15:15:15 GMT 2008

Yep, tried exactly that start/stop setup before.  Just tested it again
for good measure :)  I still get messages like this in fdisk:
Partition 1 has different physical/logical endings
Partition 1 does not end on cylinder boundary

For now, I will just disregard them.  I'm able to mount the drive and
read/write without issues.  They don't appear to be errors, just
warnings.  My main reason for concern was that I don't see the same
behavior after doing the same partition layout in gparted.  Doesn't make
much sense.  Oh well, time to move forward.

btw, I vaguely recall seeing similar output in fdisk when looking at a
disk's partitions after I installed Puppy to it.  Puppy does it's own
partitioning depending upon the setup you choose.

-kevin