[Ubuntu PA] Disk Imaging Solutions

silvertip257 silvertip257 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 16:36:51 GMT 2008

Also just in case there are issues with Grub and the MBR (for whatever
reason), have a Ultimate Boot CD (UBCD) handy with SuperGrub Disk under F3
(filesystem tools) and option 7 (SuperGrub Disk).
Or reinstall grub by hand ... I find the UBCD w/ SGD much quicker (and
automated).

I'm sure everyone is aware of that, but I'll state it for all.  SGD scans
partitions for the /boot directory with a grub entry - it's worked every
time I've needed it to.

Brian and Kevin are right - I did not take into effect the auto-hw detection
scripts that run at every boot on DSL and Knoppix.  Also I'm under the
impression that if any piece of hardware is different when imaged to
different hw - in the case of say an Ubuntu hd install that it will break
the install.  I certainly haven't tried it more than once or twice (but that
was when I barely knew how to do anything Linux let alone command line).

It's great reading this stuff -- you guys are great teachers!

Jedijf is right the outer tracks provide a speed boost (so I've read).  Swap
first!

Later,
Mike

//  SilverTip257  //