[Ubuntu PA] Disk Imaging Solutions

silvertip257 silvertip257 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 01:55:42 GMT 2008

You are correct --- identical hardware (or darn close to it!) if your clone
is to function properly.
You'll need one "master" built machine for every type of machine and clone
from master drive to your other ones [ also using master to slave ].

Good luck with laptops by the way - you'll most likely have to get some 2.5to
3.5 adapters so that you can clone them in another working desktop PC (with
2 IDE connectors).  Normally there's only one IDE connector on each cable in
laptops, so that might be an issue.

Mike

On Jan 21, 2008 12:04 PM, Art Alexion <art.alexion at verizon.net> wrote:

> On Monday 21 January 2008 09:45:19 Kevin Valentine wrote:
> > Brian and I are looking for disk imaging solutions to use at NTR.
> > Lately, there's been a lot of talk about Clonezilla.
>
> Doesn't this only work if the hardware is identical?

//  SilverTip257  //
  ~
 · ·
 /V\