[Ubuntu PA] NTR Laptop Project: need volunteers

Kevin Valentine kevin.valentine at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 04:29:35 GMT 2008

John A Back wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> I am happy to help and your Saturday plan sounds fine. Will we be
> working at NTR on Bradywine Street in Philly?
>
> Being a relatively new convert to Linux and open source I will need a
> little assistance in getting started but my experience goes back to 70's
> and the Radio Shack Trash80 along with the Apple II so I'll be an
> independent worker in short order.
>
> Are you thinking of next Saturday the 19th?
>
> Looking forward to helping,
> John

Thanks John, glad you can help.  Yes, the tentative plan is to meet at
NTR on the 19th.  I got a reply from Stan saying that between 12 and 2pm
would be good for him.  Another guy we really want to talk to is Ayende
but he's in a board meeting with Stan until noon.  I'll show you around
and you may get a demo of a salvaged laptop.

Hah, I had a Trash80 when I was a kid.  Fun stuff!  We'll be using DSL
and Puppy with these laptops.  In the mean time, take a look at the DSL
and Puppy sites for more info:
http://damnsmalllinux.org/
http://puppylinux.org/

-kevin