[Ubuntu PA] NTR Laptop Project: need volunteers

Kevin Valentine kevin.valentine at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 23:00:37 GMT 2008

Mike,

Thanks for the input.  Yes, it would be great to understand more about
the problem you had with Clonezilla.  For all we know, NTR's switches
could run into a similar problem.  I'm not sure if autosense is the same
as autonegotiate but that's a problem I ran into once when setting up a
small thin client network with really old NICs.  They wouldn't
autonegotiate properly and slowed down the network dramatically.  Sounds
like your problem was at the switch itself.

As for laptops for your picture frame, you could have many to choose
from if this this laptop project pans out.  Interested in being NTR's
first linux laptop customer?  What price range and quantity are you
interested in?

btw, these will most likely have DSL or Puppy installed.  Hope that's
not a deal breaker.  My best guess at prices are $30-60 each but that
really depends on Stan.  And of course, the specs of the laptop.  So
far, processor specs range from 100 to 300 MHz.

-kevin