[Ubuntu PA] NTR Laptop Project: need volunteers

Kevin Valentine kevin.valentine at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 04:53:11 GMT 2008

Things went well at NTR today.  Randy, Norman, and I ripped through
about 10 laptops and came back with 4 good ones.  These are all Dell
Latitude.  One has DSL installed on it the other three still need it.
Until we get our imaging scripts settled we'll have to do manual
installations.  The only significant issue with installing to these
laptops is that they don't have CD drives in their bays.  We may have to
yank HDD and install from a different PC.

Here are some pics I took with my good camera.  This is Randy providing
a status report on IRC:
http://i29.tinypic.com/2hh1v8k.jpg

These are ALL of the laptops we have to work with for our project:
http://i30.tinypic.com/nv1max.jpg

Here are the ones we processed today on the bottom shelf.  The 3 on the
left are the ones that need DSL installed.  The shelf above that is all
parts/junk:
http://i31.tinypic.com/iy0x2c.jpg

-kevin