[Ubuntu PA] Philly & SE PA: September 22, MythTV Seminar

Elizabeth Bevilacqua lyz at princessleia.com
Sun Sep 23 14:12:03 BST 2007

On 9/23/07, Kevin Valentine <kevin.valentine at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey, no pics of me in there?  And I only got there an hour late ;)  I

Nope, because I was *3* hours late and didn't get my camera out until
after you left!

> was hoping others could have see the expression on my face when I got a
> free tuner card from one of the builders.  I think he said he was give
> two by the company when he told him he was going to this presentation.
> I was going to come in as a builder but the only thing I was lacking was
> a tuner.  Here's the site for this HD-5500 tuner card:
> http://www.pchdtv.com/

Sweet.

> There was a lot of general stuff I didn't know.  Primarily that HDTV is
> mostly a terrestrial broadcast as UHF.  I haven't had cable for almost a
> decade.  I thought HDTV broadcasts were limited to on cable viewers.
> Turns out it's mostly the other way around.
>
> Awesome presentation.

Matt has added links to his slides on the bottom of the wiki page
about the event:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PennsylvaniaTeam/Philly/MythTVSeminar

And one of the attendees posted a great email to the PLUG list
following the presentation:

http://lists.netisland.net/archives/plug/plug-2007-09/msg00268.html

--
Elizabeth Bevilacqua