[Ubuntu PA] Ubuntu Certified Professional?

David Faler david.faler at myactv.net
Fri Sep 14 12:23:43 BST 2007

I haven't taken the UCP, but I did just get my LPIC-2.  I
have to say, these test annoy me.  How many questions can
you have of the form "is it a space, an equals, a comma, or
a colon between options in this configuration file"?  Yes,
maybe if I need to use cat on a write only filesystem to
edit the file, I'd need to know that, but in my world, I
fire up vi or mg (I wish that was in base, it's tiny), and
there's the file with lots of examples.
I don't suppose employers like the brainbench exams, but I
found them much more demanding and much fairer in the form
of questions.
Anyhow, just memorize config file names, format, and the
command line switches and order they go in for common
programs, and you should be fine.