[Ubuntu PA] Fwd: [Ubuntu-US] US Teams Mentoring Project IRC Metting

Jim Fisher pechterbread at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 13 00:49:05 BST 2007

Sorry for top posting but i feel that both messages
need to be included in tact and didn't want to go to
the bottom to start.

I for one am not going to attend.  Don't want to.  I
have been following this issue on the mailing list and
feel that it only 4 or 5 strong personalities butting
heads.

I choose not to.  I have opinions, which happen to
line up with Lyz's.  I do not feel that we need to
justify our position.

I also believe that each LoCo to a certain extent
should be autonomous.  CoC applies and anything
official from Canonical may supersede a group's
autonomy, but the daily operation should remain the
group's responsibility.

I believe that the group conscience will guide us in
the right direction.  I don't care what other groups
do or want to do.

I feel that attendance will only give validity to the
arguing factions.  If the same 4 or 5 people are the
only ones in the room maybe they'll self-examine and
realize that time could be better spent on other
things, like basic advocacy.

I've got FOSS to promote, no time for bickering.

jim fisher
]edijf

irc freenode  #ubuntu-pennsylvania

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try.'"