[Ubuntu PA] What next?

Chad Waters chad at chadwaters.com
Mon Oct 1 00:17:43 BST 2007

On 9/29/07, silvertip257 <silvertip257 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Wireless can be a pain in Feisty - dunno bout Gutsy yet.  Only a little
> longer and I can get Gutsy stable - yah know b/c I dont have enough guts to
> install unstable/testing at this time. ; )
>
> I had to un-blacklist my driver, add it to my modules area for startup, and
> then figure out that I needed to add an 'x' to the end of the SSID.  No wifi
> encryption has been tried on my card though.
> Not so great of an ordeal, but I'd like to do a little write up for my card,
> etc for on our Loco site or maybe the Ubuntu wifi site or both?  You can
> tell me which I should do.
>
> There's my two cents.
>
> Mike

I haven't had any problem connect to my WPA ap in Feisty or Gutsy with this:

03:03.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4311 [AirForce
54g] 802.11a/b/g PCI Express Transceiver (rev 02)

In Feisty I had to dig around for the firmware (packaged as
bcm43xx-fwcutter), but Gutsy's Restricted Drivers Manager takes the
guess work  out of it.

-C