[Ubuntu PA] Meeting Item Request

Elizabeth Bevilacqua lyz at ubuntu.com
Sat Nov 3 11:32:16 GMT 2007

On 11/3/07, Tim Bosse <taim at bosboot.org> wrote:
> Not sure what the "formal" procedure is for getting an item added to the
> meeting agendas, so I will throw it out here.  I would just edit the
> agenda wiki, but I don't feel it's appropriate for me to be meddling there.

I just added a note on the page saying we're all free to edit it. Ask
anyone, I've been known to draft entire meeting schedules and then not
bother to even show up for the meeting :P I won't be there on the 7th
either, we have that unfortunate conflict with PLUG!

Oh and PLUG on the 7th will be fun (Tux Droid presentation aside!),
Aaron Toponce, Ubuntu Member and one of the founders of the Ubuntu US
Team will be in town and he's dropping by the meeting and to socialize
afterwards :)

> I would like to get preliminary items starting with the November 7th
> meeting onwards specifically mustering folks for recruiting, resources
> and leadership with the ultimate intention to begin event planning for
> installfests, training and/or regular area meetings (what an awesomely
> bad sentence).

Good idea. I've added a link to the mailing list archive with this
email in it to our agenda.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PennsylvaniaTeam/IRCagenda

> My first attempt at a gathering was not the greatest for attendance.  I
> am hoping with good lead time and planning we can get better leadership
> and results.

I wouldn't feel frustrated about that - these things tend to start
pretty slow and a better lead time helps a lot (I recall some wplug
people did want to attend, but there wasn't enough notice for a Friday
night event).

--
Elizabeth Bevilacqua
http://www.princessleia.com