[Ubuntu PA] Looking for training resources & suggestions

Elizabeth Bevilacqua lyz at ubuntu.com
Sat Dec 15 03:49:31 GMT 2007

On 12/10/07, Art Alexion <art.alexion at verizon.net> wrote:
> Do you know of any Ubuntu resources that I can draw on?  I am looking for
> suggestions from people who have done this before, lesson plans, as well
> stuff to distribute, like CDs, stickers and other trinkets, if available.

You might want to check out the Ubuntu Training program:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Training

As the wiki page explains, this is target as being a Canonical led and
community developed project that Canonical will use for their for-pay
training courses in the near future. As it's community developed the
training materials are freely available.

They're still developing the first course which is a very, very good
introduction to Ubuntu 7.10. Check out their current beta revision of
the course on launchpad:

https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~canonical-training/ubuntu-desktop-course/ubuntu-desktop-course-beta

(you'll need bzr installed, instructions on that page on how to snag
the course file, it's big so it takes a while).

--
Elizabeth Bevilacqua
http://www.princessleia.com