[Ubuntu PA] dia diagramming/drawing prgm

silvertip257 silvertip257 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 23:30:06 BST 2007

Hello all.

I'm using Dia (open source diagramming app) to draw layouts for various
networking projects I have due for classes.
Not only do I use Dia at home, but in networking lab we have Dia installed,
as well as various flavors of Linux.

I'd like to ask any of you if you know why Dia maps my imported custom
images/icons different when I export the diagram to an image file.  The
exported file is different than the diagram in a *.dia file.  This is a
little bit of a problem for me, so I hope to find a work around that doesn't
require me to re-do my work in anything else (esp. Visio...).

If you don't have it and are interested, just type this at the terminal
"sudo apt-get install dia" and you will be set!  It's a little bit limited
on features at this pt in development (so I think), but it works quite well
despite some of its quirks.

Thanks and take care,
Mike

--